Monday, July 23, 2012

I trust you

There was a familiar game we played growing up called Trust.
The idea was to stand with your back facing someone,
arms to your side or crossed over your chest,
eyes closed,
falling freely backwards...
trusting the person to catch you before you hit the ground.

Are you going to catch me?
Yes.
You promise?
I promise.
You better catch me.
I will catch you.
here I go...

After the person caught you
there was an unspoken bond in place.
You were going to fall.
They said they would catch you.
They did....
and you were safe.
Word was kept.
Trust was established.

It's not any different today.
We may be adults.
but we want to surround ourselves,
and fall into the arms of
the ones we trust the most.

Trust broken will destroy a relationship.
I've been on both sides...
and neither place is a place I care 
to ever revisit.

Relationships are such an emotional brew...
Love, Attraction, Surrender, Pain, Forgiveness,
Healing, Highs, Lows, Apathy, Compassion,
Rejection, Redirection,
Understanding, Confusion, Illusions,
and Complete Exhaustion!

It's a wonder why we want to be in one..
but we do.
God made us that way.
We are meant to be together.

But first we have to trust.

I refuse to waste someone's time
if I cannot give them my trust.
And I would expect the same from them.
Love may conquer all...
but trust will show up for battle.
Love wins.
Trust says I'll be around to win more.
Love feels good.
Trust allows you to feel it.

We fall in and out of Love...
but much like the game...
maybe we should fall into Trust.

I'm moving forwards..
but one day I will fall backwards...
knowing I've found someone to catch me...
that will be a sweet release...
~gina







No comments:

Post a Comment